CCNA sem. 1 chapter 2
Network Fundamentals v.4.0
1. Which statements correctly identify the role of intermediary devices in the network?
- determine pathways for data
- initiate data communications
- realtime and retransmit data signals
- originate the flow of data
- manage data flows
- final termination point for data flow
2. Select the statements that are correct concerning network protocols.
- define the structure of layer specific PDU's
- dictate how to accomplish layer functions
- outline the functions necessary for communications between layers
- limit the need for hardware compatibility
- require layer dependent encapsulations
- eliminate standardization among vendors
2.4.1 The Benefits of Using a Layered Model
2.4.6 The Sending and Receiving Process
3. What are two functions of encapsulation? (Choose two.)
- tracks delay between end devices
- enables consistent network paths for communication
- allows modification of the original data before transmission
- identifies pieces of data as part of the same communication
- ensures that data pieces can be directed to the correct receiving end device
4. What is a primary function of the trailer information added by the data link layer
- supports error detection
- ensures ordered arrival of data
- provides delivery to correct destination
- identifies the devices on the local network
- assists intermediary devices with processing and path selection
2.4.7 The OSI Model
5. Which two layers of the OSI model have the same functions as the TCP/IP model
Network Access Layer? (Choose two.)
- Data Link
6. What is a PDU?
- corruption of a frame during transmission
- data reassembled at the destination
- retransmitted packets due to lost communication
- a layer specific encapsulation
7. Which characteristic correctly refers to end devices in a network?
- manage data flows
- originate data flow
- retime and retransmit data signals
- determine pathways for data
8. Refer to the exhibit. "Cell A" at IP address 10.0.0.34 has established an IP session with "IP Phone 1" at IP address 172.16.1.103. Based upon the graphic, which device type best describes the function of wireless device "Cell A?"
- the destination device
- an end device
- an intermediate device
- a media device
9. Refer to the exhibit. Which three labels correctly identify the network types for the network segments that are shown? (Choose three.)
- Network A -- WAN
- Network B -- WAN
- Network C -- LAN
- Network B -- MAN
- Network C -- WAN
- Network A -- LAN
10. Which three statements best describe a Local Area Network (LAN)? (Choose three.)
- A LAN is usually in a single geographical area.
- The network is administered by a single organization.
- The connection between segments in the LAN is usually through a leased connection.
- The security and access control of the network are controlled by a service provider.
- A LAN provides network services and access to applications for users within a common organization.
- Each end of the network is generally connected to a Telecommunication Service Provider (TSP).
2.2.2 Wide Area Networks
11. Refer to the exhibit. Which networking term describes the data interleaving process represented in the graphic?
2.3.1 Rules that Govern Communications
12. What is the primary purpose of Layer 4 port assignment?
- to identify devices on the local media
- to identify the hops between source and destination
- to identify to the intermediary devices the best path through the network
- to identify the source and destination end devices that are communicating
- to identify the processes or services that are communicating within the end devices
13. What device is considered an intermediary device?
- file server
- IP phone
14. Refer to the exhibit. Which term correctly identifies the device type that is included in the area B?
15. Refer to the exhibit. What type of network is shown?
16. Which layer encapsulates the segment into packets?
- data link
17. What can be identified by examining the network layer header?
- the destination device on the local media
- the destination host address
- the bits that will be transferred over the media
- the source application or process creating the data
2.5.3 Getting the Data through the Internetwork
18.Refer to the exhibit. Which set of devices contains only end devices?
- A, C, D
- B, E, G, H
- C, D, G, H, I, J
- D, E, F, H, I, J
- E, F, H, I, J
19.During the encapsulation process, what occurs at the data link layer?
- No address is added.
- The logical address is added.
- The physical address is added.
- The process port number is added
2.5.2 Getting the Data to the End Device
20.What is the purpose of the TCP/IP Network Access layer?
- path determination and packet switching
- data presentation
- reliability, flow control, and error detection
- network media control
- the division of segments into packets
2.4.3 The TCP/IP Model
21.What is the proper order of the layers of the OSI model from the highest layer to the lowest layer?
- physical, network, application, data link, presentation, session, transport
- application, physical, session, transport, network, data link, presentation
- application, presentation, physical, session, data link, transport, network
- application, presentation, session, transport, network, data link, physical
- presentation, data link, session, transport, network, physical, application
2.4.2 Protocol and Reference Models